Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Labor of Love

 I officially started Lovely Lyla Jean on my birthday this year~ May 6. It also happens to be my 2 year old daughter's birthday; the name sake of my business. When I had my first ultrasound for her, the nurse told us we were having a boy. This is a perfect example of how life doesn't always turn out the way we plan. 

At birth, just like her 5 year old brother, Lyla was born with a full head of hair. The need for headbands and hairclips was not just for vanity, they were essential! I was constantly looking for accessories to match her outfits and when I was out of luck, I started designing my own clips and jewelry for her. Part of the fun was how much she loved her accessories. She was always picking out what necklace, earrings, hair clips and outfit she wanted to wear. Her eyes would light up when I finished a new necklace and bracelet set for her. What started as my daughter's innocent "addiction" has turned into a business- my labor of love you could say.

I hope you'll stop back to follow the journey of this new venture♥

No comments:

Post a Comment